The First Star
I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a golden star from a great blog: Sunflower Rose Cw!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are give
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
Here’s where I’m choosing to admit that while I love these awards they actually stress me out! I may have said that before but I really mean it. I follow a lot of awesome blogs and I seriously think I age a few years every time I have to start deciding who to pick for what!
What the following blogs have in common is great writing and a great sense of humor. In no particular order:
Styleidoscope: She makes me think. This blog isn’t just about fashion (although I know she loves it) but rather it embraces life, takes everything it all and mixes it up and then presents it to the world.
Closet Strategy: If you need a good laugh, look no further! Her Outfit’s of The Day are right up my alley and have great detailed explanations.
Love You Duh: A subtle yet powerful intensity that worms its way into your heart. I’m addicted.
Fashion For Lunch: A little bit of everything. A fun site, there’s always something new and interesting to look and read about.
Nameless Fashion Blog: This is where I get to live in Italy for a few moments each day.
Je Ne Sais Quoi: She gave me my very first award and for that I am grateful! Every time I check in I feel like I’m speaking to a friend.
Preppy and Funny: She always has these fun, inspirational images and quotes on her site.
So there you go, hope you enjoy these sites as much as I do!
Warsaw Street ViewAugust 9th, 2014
How To Relieve Stress In 15 MinutesJuly 9th, 2014
Spring Reading British MODEApril 26th, 2014
How To Be Inspired: In StyleApril 7th, 2014
Salt Spring Island: A Slice Of BohemiaMarch 8th, 2014